We all travel a path of adversity at some point in our lives, but what we create from that path is what defines who we are. To achieve an enlightened state of mind, we must embrace our adversities and achieve higher awareness. Our guest today is someone who was fascinated with those words and wanted to find a deeper meaning to them. Joining us is a podcast host, author, and visionary speaker, Tom Corner. Tom reveals his backstory, how our mindset creates our egos, sharing stories as a method of healing, the expectations we place upon ourselves, and how our struggles become our learning experiences.
🥇WHAT IS ONE LESSON YOU HAVE LEARNED FROM ADVERSITY🥇
Tom answers with, “ Adversity is the greatest teacher. It keeps us strong and it keeps us moving forward.”
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- [00:01:42] Tom’s Upbringing
- [00:11:55] Mindset, Ego & Trauma
- [00:18:10] Sharing Stories To Heal
- [00:29:26] Living Up To Expectations
- [00:32:35] Adversity as a Teacher
Connect with Tom Corner
2. Find Tom on his website
3. Purchase Tom’s recent book, “Borrowed Eyes & Feet” here
4. Tune into Tom’s podcast, “Strong Men Podcast” here
Connect with Lance:
● Subscribe on Messenger to get the latest episodes and tips straight to your inbox!
About University of Adversity Podcast
Learn how to shift your perspective on adversity by understanding that although adversity may feel like your worst enemy, it is actually your greatest ally. My mission is to connect with unique and inspiring individuals and showcase their journey and what they have gone through in order to become successful in their lives. Tune in three times a week with Lance Essihos for your gold-filled lesson of inspiration, resilience, and bravery. Don’t forget to subscribe!