In this episode, Joe and Lance talk about the challenges of playing in the NFL, navigating crossroads in his life, and finally pursuing his new found happiness on the road.
Joe Hawley is the creator of @manvandogblog.com, a blog where he shares his travel experiences on the road in his van and his loving 2 year old companion named Freedom. The goal of his blog is to make a positive impact on this world by inspiring people to go after what they want in life. Before he became a travel blogger, he was a successful NFL player where he played 5 years the Atlanta Falcons and 3 years with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- [00:05:54] Reevaluating priorities, career versus health and transitioning
- [00:10:03] The gruel truth and grit behind being a professional athlete
- [00:20:56] Starting van life and finding one’s purpose
- [00:26:25] Benefits of social media detox
- [00:30:32] How to connect back to nature
- [00:35:08] Meditation 101
- [00:39:45] The universal truth and spirituality
- [00:42:53] How to start eating healthy
- [00:54:25] Turning negativity to opportunity
WHAT IS ONE LESSON THAT ADVERSITY HAS TAUGHT YOU?
Joe answered ; “If something bad happens reframe it as an opportunity.”
Connect with Joe Hawley:
2. Follow Joe on website
Connect with Lance:
● Subscribe on Messenger to get the latest episodes and tips straight to your inbox!
About University of Adversity Podcast
Learn how to shift your perspective on adversity by understanding that although adversity may feel like your worst enemy, it is actually your greatest ally. My mission is to connect with unique and inspiring individuals and showcase their journey and what they have gone through in order to become successful in their lives. Tune in three times a week with Lance Essihos for your gold-filled lesson of inspiration, resilience, and bravery. Don’t forget to subscribe!