Welcome UofA listeners to another episode. Joining Lance is Bob Wilkie, former NHL hockey player, an award-winning entrepreneur, a best-selling author, and has given thousands of presentations to crowds ranging from CEOs, businesses, schools, and sports organizations throughout North America. His presentations are an emotional ride that triggers and inspires a deeper sense of understanding, hope, and motivation. Bob is the owner of a company called I Got Mind that specializes in social and emotional learning. His team of professionals provides support to organizations of all ages. They have been touring communities over the last two years sharing their stories and educating people about the social and emotional issues that are becoming more predominant in society.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- [00:13:25] Trauma Explored
- [00:18:27] Life-Changing Trauma
- [00:30:16] Recovering From Trauma and Learning To Live Again
- [00:47:05] Moving Past Toxic Friendships & Relationships
- [00:52:37] Coaching and Expectations
🥇WHAT IS ONE LESSON THAT ADVERSITY HAS TAUGHT YOU 🥇
Bob answers with, “Adversity is constant and is something that you will always have to overcome. That is how we become stronger and resilient.”
Connect with Bob Wilkie:
2. Visit the I Got Mind Inc website for more resources on promoting mental health in sports and in life.
Connect with Lance:
● 📺 Subscribe to the University of Adversity Youtube Channel
● 📧 Email Lance at firstname.lastname@example.org
About University of Adversity Podcast
Learn how to shift your perspective on adversity by understanding that although adversity may feel like your worst enemy, it is actually your greatest ally. My mission is to connect with unique and inspiring individuals and showcase their journey and what they have gone through in order to become successful in their lives. Tune in three times a week with Lance Essihos for your gold-filled lesson of inspiration, resilience, and bravery. Don’t forget to subscribe!