Johnny has worked in the hospitality industry for over 25 years and was the general manager at some of the best restaurants & bars across western Canada. He met many people along the way and mastered the art of developing connections and creating beautiful experiences. It did come at a cost, however, and it became destructive and damaging for Johnny. The drinking, partying and late nights turned into days. He became stagnant and starved for validation in order to measure his self-worth. In 2018, he discovered Dr. Joe Dispenza’s meditation and yoga practice and had a huge turnaround, using coaching as a way to create deeper experiences. He is now one of 900 Certified High-Performance Coaches, a Rapid Transformational Therapy Practitioner and a Shiva Murti healer. His mission is to create a safe space for one to share the complexity of the human experience and express all spectrums of human emotions.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- [00:08:31] Johnny’s journey through the Hospitality Industry
- [00:29:58] Reflections of leadership styles that Johnny adopted
- [00:44:04] The transition and pivot moving towards mental health and coaching
- [00:49:55] What is High-Performance Coaching
- [01:08:20] The biggest lesson from 2020
🥇WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT LESSON THAT ADVERSITY HAS TAUGHT YOU?🥇
Johnny says, “2020 was about taking a step back and getting back to what is important. What that is to me, more than ever, is the depth of community and depth of relationships.”
Connect with Johnny:
Connect with Lance:
● 📺 Subscribe to the University of Adversity Youtube Channel
● 📧 Email Lance at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 📖 Pre-order Mastering Adversity Book here
About University of Adversity Podcast
Learn how to shift your perspective on adversity by understanding that although adversity may feel like your worst enemy, it is actually your greatest ally. My mission is to connect with unique and inspiring individuals and showcase their journey and what they have gone through in order to become successful in their lives. Tune in twice a week with Lance Essihos for your gold-filled lesson of inspiration, resilience, and bravery. Don’t forget to subscribe!