In this episode, Lance and Dr. John Schinnerer talked about how unreleased and unrealized emotions can affect your personal growth and how you communicate with other people. These latent negative emotions may be triggered by past traumatic experiences, thus inducing anger, depression, anxiety and etc. Dr. John also shared about why men have the higher tendency to have anger issues due to norms placed upon the society to them, he also shared techniques on how to subdue these negativity.
WHAT IS ONE LESSON YOU HAVE LEARNED FROM ADVERSITY
Dr. John answered, “Realize that your stories are always made better by the adversities that you have to overcome to get there.”
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- [00:03:38] Where it all started
- [00:30:30] How to be positive in the face of adversity
- [00:33:20] Opening options
- [00:37:18] Relationship red flags
- [00:40:40] Man Box Culture
- [00:47:00] Purpose of life struggles
- [00:53:00] Memories and disconnection
- [00:57:40] Podcast highlights
- [01:01:29] Where to reach Dr John Schinnerer
Connect with Dr. John Schinnerer
2. Follow Dr. John on his website
Connect with Lance:
● Subscribe on Messenger to get the latest episodes and tips straight to your inbox!
About University of Adversity Podcast
Learn how to shift your perspective on adversity by understanding that although adversity may feel like your worst enemy, it is actually your greatest ally. My mission is to connect with unique and inspiring individuals and showcase their journey and what they have gone through in order to become successful in their lives. Tune in three times a week with Lance Essihos for your gold-filled lesson of inspiration, resilience, and bravery. Don’t forget to subscribe!