📌 Grab a copy of Lance’s book, MASTERING ADVERSITY now available on Amazon. Click the link to buy the book: Mastering Adversity Amazon
🧠 Schedule a PICK MY BRAIN with Lance Essihos: https://www.pickmybrain.world/profiles/lance-essihos
Welcome back to University of Adversity. On today’s episode, Lance gets vulnerable and talks about his recent challenges around self-worth. Shifting your perspective about self-worth can be a challenging but transformative process. Here are some tips that may help:
- Identify negative thought patterns: Start by paying attention to your negative self-talk. What kind of thoughts do you have about yourself? Are they kind and supportive or critical and judgmental? Once you are aware of your negative thought patterns, you can start to challenge them.
- Challenge negative thoughts: When you notice negative thoughts, challenge them by asking yourself whether they are really true. For example, if you have a thought like, “I’m not good enough,” ask yourself if that’s really true. Are there things you’re good at or that you’re proud of? Practice reframing your thoughts in a more positive light.
- Practice self-compassion: Treat yourself with the same kindness and understanding that you would offer to a good friend. Recognize that everyone makes mistakes and experiences setbacks, and that you are no exception.
- Focus on your strengths: Make a list of your strengths and focus on them. It’s easy to get caught up in our weaknesses and flaws, but shifting your focus to your strengths can help you feel more confident and capable.
- Set realistic goals: Setting realistic goals and achieving them can help you feel more accomplished and increase your sense of self-worth. However, it’s important to set goals that are achievable and realistic. Unrealistic goals can lead to disappointment and feelings of failure.
- Practice gratitude: Take time each day to reflect on the things you’re grateful for. Focusing on the good things in your life can help shift your perspective and increase feelings of self-worth.
Remember, shifting your perspective takes time and practice. Be patient and kind to yourself throughout the process. Enjoy the episode
WANT TO SUPPORT THE WORK WE DO?
HERE ARE A FEW WAYS:
1) (FREE) SUBSCRIBE/FOLLOW THE PODCAST (YOUTUBE, APPLE, SPOTIFY, CASTBOX..ect.) AND LEAVE A 5 STAR REVIEW ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
2)Do you want to create more awareness in your life in the face of adversity? 👉 Take the FREE Warrior Quiz and Discover your Adversity Archetype
3)Win the War Within for 2023 and Grab The Warrior Embodiment Course for $111.11 Grab the course here 👉 www.universityofadversity.ca/embody-the-warrior-within
👨🏻🏫Connect With Lance W Essihos:
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/lance.essihos/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/universityofadversity
- Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/lance-w-essihos
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: lanceessihos.com
📺Subscribe to University of Adversity:
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCfs1nKVtrBCQiGOghOrdonA
- Apple Podcasts: podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/university-of-adversity/id1440306226
- Spotify: open.spotify.com/show/1K6nQdzjR8wg9vBXZAqjH9
- Website: universityofadversity.captivate.fm
#UniversityofAdversity #LanceEssihos #UofA #CanadianPodcasts #PersonalDevelopment #Adversity