Today’s guest today is fellow Aubrey Marcus Fit For Service Fellowship sister, aspiring author & speaker, Melanie Barrett. Melanie shares how the power of gratitude has given her the ability to reconnect with herself and her creative side. She reveals she is grateful for this forced downtime that we are living in. Becoming vulnerable, Melanie opens up about her miscarriage, pregnancy & her troubled relationship with her brother. Stay tuned until the end to hear Melanie’s gratitude to Lance & the rest of the FFS group, as they have reminded her of the importance of getting to know a person for who they are aside from their physical appearance.
🥇WHAT IS ONE LESSON YOU HAVE LEARNED FROM ADVERSITY🥇
Melanie answers with, “Lean into adversity with discernment & momentum towards the healthy resistance.”
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- [00:06:36] Melanie’s Perspective on COVID-19
- [00:16:44] Therapist Mother
- [00:23:21] Becoming a Mother at a Young Age
- [00:42:18] How Melanie Dealt with her Alcoholism
- [01:07:46] What’s Melanie up to Right Now?
Connect with Melanie Barrett:
1. Follow Melanie on Instagram
2. Keep watching for the launch of Melanie’s website, melaniejoyspeaks.com!
Connect with Lance:
● Subscribe on Messenger to get the latest episodes and tips straight to your inbox!
● Subscribe to the University of Adversity Youtube Channel
About University of Adversity Podcast
Learn how to shift your perspective on adversity by understanding that although adversity may feel like your worst enemy, it is actually your greatest ally. My mission is to connect with unique and inspiring individuals and showcase their journey and what they have gone through in order to become successful in their lives. Tune in three times a week with Lance Essihos for your gold-filled lesson of inspiration, resilience, and bravery. Don’t forget to subscribe!