Joining Lance today is Board Certified OB/GYN, Functional Medicine Doctor, NAMS Certified Menopause Practitioner, author, and host of The Functional Gynecologist™️ Podcast, Dr. Tabatha Barber. After getting pregnant at 17 years old, dropping out of high school, getting her GED, and returning to community college, Tabatha fell in love with science and human physiology. She went on to obtain a bachelor degree in Physiology and continued through medical school and residency to fulfill my purpose of helping women have a voice and choice in their healthcare.
Tune in to hear about Tabatha’s incredible journey, how to control your hormones through a proper diet, and how she strives to give women the best medical care possible.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- [00:04:19] Dr. Tabatha’s Journey
- [00:21:12] What Was The Hardest Part Of Becoming A Doctor?
- [00:39:15] Ideal Diet For Optimizing Female Hormones
- [00:53:25] How Long Does It Take To Feel Responses To Food Change?
- [01:00:10] 3 Most Important Things People Can Start With
🥇WHAT IS ONE LESSON YOU HAVE LEARNED FROM ADVERSITY🥇
Dr. Tabatha answers with, “Have compassion. Never assume. Give people the benefit of the doubt.”
Connect with Dr. Tabatha Barber:
2. Find Dr. Tabatha on her website
3. Listen to The Functional Gynecologist podcast
4. Get your copy of From White Trash to White Coat
Connect with Lance:
● 📺 Subscribe to the University of Adversity Youtube Channel
● 📧 Email Lance at email@example.com
About University of Adversity Podcast
Learn how to shift your perspective on adversity by understanding that although adversity may feel like your worst enemy, it is actually your greatest ally. My mission is to connect with unique and inspiring individuals and showcase their journey and what they have gone through in order to become successful in their lives. Tune in three times a week with Lance Essihos for your gold-filled lesson of inspiration, resilience, and bravery. Don’t forget to subscribe!