According to Canadian statistics, there are approximately 4,000 suicides per year in Canada. As society evolves and changes, so do our responses to mental health. Today’s featured guest, Lance and listeners are joined by mental health comedian, public speaker, keynote speaker, TED X speaker, trainer on emotional health, Frank King. Open and vulnerable, Frank is nothing short of witty and humorous with his views on mental health as he opens up about his history with major depressive disorder and his own attempts, the mental illness impact on the comedy industry, how public speaking became a healing tool, self-care, and his thoughts on medicine.
🥇WHAT IS ONE LESSON YOU HAVE LEARNED FROM ADVERSITY🥇
Frank naturally responds with a joke, but shares: “It’s all about the everyday struggle. Sometimes you can’t even get out of bed. I’ve learned to make deals with myself and see how I end up doing far more than I could imagine.”
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- [00:11:11] Frank’s History with Mental Illness
- [00:22:27] Frank Shares His Story of Surviving an Attempt
- [00:27:02] Public Speaking & Healing
- [00:29:37] Self-Care For The Mind
- [00:33:53] Medicine & Mental Illness
Connect with Frank King:
2. Find on his website
3. Call Frank at 858-405-565
4. Email Frank at email@example.com
Connect with Lance:
● Subscribe on Messenger to get the latest episodes and tips straight to your inbox!
● Subscribe to the University of Adversity Youtube Channel
About University of Adversity Podcast
Learn how to shift your perspective on adversity by understanding that although adversity may feel like your worst enemy, it is actually your greatest ally. My mission is to connect with unique and inspiring individuals and showcase their journey and what they have gone through in order to become successful in their lives. Tune in three times a week with Lance Essihos for your gold-filled lesson of inspiration, resilience, and bravery. Don’t forget to subscribe!