In this episode, Lance and David take a walk down memory lane and discuss their junior hockey days together, and David’s 9 year NHL Career with the Colorado Avalanche, Calgary Flames, and the Minnesota Wild. They also get into some good stories about what it was like to play with some of the best players of all time and some juicy insight into the real life of a professional hockey player.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- [00:09:30] Staying humble and real
- [00:11:10] How to enjoy the journey and not get lost with the long term goal
- [00:17:30] How to destress and stay in the zone
- [00:41:00] Understanding the “other side of the fence”
- And much much more…
WHAT IS ONE LESSON THAT ADVERSITY HAS TAUGHT YOU?
David answered, “Step back and look at the bigger picture. Take a deep breath and look how lucky you are.”
Connect with David Jones:
Connect with Lance:
● Subscribe on Messenger to get the latest episodes and tips straight to your inbox!
About University of Adversity Podcast
Learn how to shift your perspective on adversity by understanding that although adversity may feel like your worst enemy, it is actually your greatest ally. My mission is to connect with unique and inspiring individuals and showcase their journey and what they have gone through in order to become successful in their lives. Tune in three times a week with Lance Essihos for your gold-filled lesson of inspiration, resilience, and bravery. Don’t forget to subscribe!