In this riveting episode, the culture and history of China is explored with our fascinating guest. Joining Lance, we have Founder & President of Language & Culture, cultural diversity professional, author, and speaker, John Lombard. John shares his story of living and teaching in China for nearly 25 years. John started many businesses there and experienced failures that helped him embrace his adversity as a chance to grow. Tune in to this episode to hear the history of China’s censorship, politics, living a day to day life as a foreigner, and exploring social media usage in China.
🥇WHAT IS ONE LESSON YOU HAVE LEARNED FROM ADVERSITY🥇
John answers with, “Either you are controlled by life, or you control life. Look for the small pieces of life you can control.”
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- [00:02:15] John’s Background
- [00:03:07] Living In China
- [00:10:49] Understanding Culture To Grow
- [00:13:01] Social Media and Censorship in China
- [00:26:00] Importance of Failure
Connect with John Lombard:
2. Visit the Langauge of Culture website
Connect with Lance:
● Subscribe on Messenger to get the latest episodes and tips straight to your inbox!
● Subscribe to the University of Adversity Youtube Channel
About University of Adversity Podcast
Learn how to shift your perspective on adversity by understanding that although adversity may feel like your worst enemy, it is actually your greatest ally. My mission is to connect with unique and inspiring individuals and showcase their journey and what they have gone through in order to become successful in their lives. Tune in three times a week with Lance Essihos for your gold-filled lesson of inspiration, resilience, and bravery. Don’t forget to subscribe!