Join Lance as he had the pleasure of sitting down with “one of the greatest hip hop producers of all time” named by Rolling Stone Magazine and rock and roll hall of famer, Keith Shocklee from Public Enemy. Keith is also an original member of The Bomb Squad, DJ and sought after music producer. Keith shares his views on COVID-19, the evolution of Hip Hop and most importantly, the adversities that black people have and continue to face in our world. Keith gets into his story about growing up in NY and having to deal with cops and racism since the day he was born.
🥇WHAT IS ONE LESSON YOU HAVE LEARNED FROM ADVERSITY🥇
Keith answers with, “Always find a new way & stay persistent.”
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- [00:06:58] How Has the Latest World Events Affected Keith?
- [00:32:17] When Hip Hop Changed
- [00:39:56] Buying Back Your Work
- [00:58:45] How to Fix the Police System
- [01:18:24] East vs. West
Connect with Keith Shocklee:
Connect with Lance:
● Subscribe on Messenger to get the latest episodes and tips straight to your inbox!
● Subscribe to the University of Adversity Youtube Channel
● Email Lance at firstname.lastname@example.org
About University of Adversity Podcast
Learn how to shift your perspective on adversity by understanding that although adversity may feel like your worst enemy, it is actually your greatest ally. My mission is to connect with unique and inspiring individuals and showcase their journey and what they have gone through in order to become successful in their lives. Tune in three times a week with Lance Essihos for your gold-filled lesson of inspiration, resilience, and bravery. Don’t forget to subscribe!